Child Admission Policy
This policy has been introduced after detailed consultation with the Health and Safety Department of North Lincolnshire Council, guidelines from the Institute of Sport and Recreation Management and our own Risk Assessment.
Restricted Public Swimming Sessions – (Before 3.30pm Monday – Friday School Term Time)
- All children under 15 years of age must be supervised by a responsible person* over the age of 16 on a 1:1 basis.
Normal Public Swimming Sessions
- All children under 5 years of age must be supervised on a 1 adult (over 16
years) to 1 child basis.
- 2 Children under 5 can be accompanied by 1 Adult (over 16 years) if both
children are wearing approved buoyancy aids#.
- 1 Adult (over 16 years) can be admitted with 2 children between 5 and 8 years
- 1 Adult (over 16 years) can be admitted with 1 Child between 5 and 8 years
and 1 under 5 as long as the under 5 years are using an approved buoyancy
- Children 8 years and above can swim unaccompanied.